Drill Grinder Rebuilds and Upgrades
- Rental work Heads and Grinding Spindle Assemblies available
- Work head, grinding spindle assemblies, and/or complete machine rebuilds
- Conversions from Model 250A to Model 252 or Model 380 to Model 328S
- Upgrading services to Semi-Automatic or Auto-Infeed, Tapered Spindle Conversion
Rush Machinery has a complete repair and rebuilding department to provide prompt service. We have rental work heads and grinding spindle assemblies available if you cannot have downtime while your assembly is rebuilt. Replacement compound slide assemblies and new work heads are also available for fast shipment. Machines can be upgraded and/or have special options installed. For more information, contact your dealer or Rush Machinery Customer Service at 1-800- 929-3070.
Rebuilding is performed on a time and material basis. Our shop labor rate is $110.00 per hour. Work done includes disassembly, parts inspection, cleaning, replacement of worn or damaged parts, reassembly, adjustment, lubrication and testing (ready for operation). Work done does not include repainting or cosmetic repairs. Please contact us to get an estimate for your model and to schedule your requirements.
The work head can be rebuilt; rental units are available to minimize downtime. The rental cost is $200.00 for a Model 132A/C, 250A or 252 work head and $300.00 for a 380 or 382 work head. A typical work head rebuild requires 10-12 hours of labor, depending on the model and condition. New work heads are also available. Upgrading can be done at the same time.
The grinding spindle assembly can be rebuilt; rental units are available for $83.00 (any model). The total cost for a rebuild (including labor) is $400.00 to $650.00, depending on the condition. Upgrading can be done at the same time.
The complete machine can be rebuilt. No rental units are available, but we make every effort to ensure a quick turnaround. A complete machine rebuild requires 24-36 hours labor, depending on the model and condition. Upgrading can be done at the same time.
The compound slide assembly can be easily replaced. The infeed and traverse feed assembly comes complete and ready to bolt on with feed screws and nuts, covers and hand wheels, and installation instructions. Specify if your machine is equipped with auto-infeed.
- Part # P06122- for Models 132/A/C – Price: $1,250.00
- Part # P04107- for Models 250/A & 252 (hardened slides) – Price: $1,750.00
- Part # P04184- for Models 380 & 382 (hardened slides) – Price: $1,850.00
The upgrade of your existing machine will give it additional capabilities and make it more productive. The upgrade is often done during or in place of the rebuilding process as this is can be the most economical time to do the work. For more information, contact your dealer or Rush Machinery Customer Service at 1-800-929-3070.
Semi-Automatic Upgrade: Conversion of your manual work head to semi-automatic operation with an air-powered system kit. Price: $2,500.00. This upgrade can also be done during the rebuilding process.
Auto-Infeed Upgrade: Conversion of your manual or semi-automatic Model 250A, 252, 380 or 382 to an Auto-Infeed machine (information sheet available). The machine would need to be returned to us for installation. Contact us for a price on your specific machine. This upgrade can also be done during the rebuilding process.
Tapered Spindle Upgrade: Conversion of the straight grinding spindle on your Model 250A, 252 or 380 to a tapered-nose (3” per ft.) spindle. This can be an alternative to rebuilding your straight grinding spindle. Includes new shaft, bearings, coupling, spindle nut, hub wrench and hub puller. Price: $750.00, installed (parts and labor) or $530.00 for parts only.
Conversion of Model 250A to Model 252: Capable of grinding 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 10 flute tools: This can be done by purchasing a new 252 work head. In addition, this can be done in conjunction with other upgrades (i. e. Semi-Automatic) and/or during the rebuilding process. Please contact us for a quotation on your specific requirement.
Conversion of Model 380 to Model 382S: Capable of grinding 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 10 flute tools: This can be done by purchasing a new 382S work head. This upgrade can also be done during the rebuilding process. Please contact us for a quotation on your specific requirement.
Please contact us for further information on the following:
1. Fast-Action Chuck (keyless) opens and closes faster than our standard chuck. It is a bolt-on replacement for the standard Model 250A and 252 chuck. An information sheet is available.
2. Larger motors and couplers are available. Please call us for prices and details.
3. Custom modifications, tooling and grinding wheels. Please contact us with your requirements.
To order a rebuild and/or upgrade:
1. Contact your dealer or Rush Machinery Customer Service to schedule.
2. Rush will ship out a rental assembly, if requested with the rebuild and/or upgrade order. The rental shipping box should be used to ship your assembly to us.
3. You ship the equipment to us, as scheduled. We will acknowledge receipt of the equipment.
4. Our shop will disassemble, inspect the parts and then quote you the cost of the replacement parts. After approval, we will clean, replace worn or damaged parts, reassemble, adjust, lubricate and test your equipment.
5. We will package the equipment and ship it back to you.
6. You return rental assembly in its shipping box to us, if a rental assembly was ordered.
Quoted in US Dollars, F.O.B. & Exworks, Rushville, New York, USA. Prices subject to Change without Notice