The Models FC-200D, FC-300D, and FC-500D feature a unique video optical system with 15x–120x zoom magnification and a black and white video monitor. This system provides a higher magnification and/or a larger field of view than most machine-mounted optical comparator systems. In addition, the video camera moves with the worktable for easy set-up and for inspection during and after grinding. Their rigid construction and a 3-HP variable speed grinding spindle allow for vibration-free grinding and fast stock removal.
The Model FC-500D is a larger, more versatile machine and features vertical grinding spindle travel, a wheel travel range of 500 mm and an oscillation stroke of 70mm. The Model FC-500D is also designed for grinding reamers, drills, end mills, and multi-step form tools.
- One-piece cast iron base provides extra rigidity and minimizes vibration
- Infeed slide and grinding head slide use Schneeberger precision linear ways for accuracy and long life
- Oscillation is adjustable in position and frequency
- Heavy duty cross table pivots with two pairs of precision (ABEC-7) angular contact bearings
- Cross table pivots up to 240 degrees with two adjustable positioning stops and quickly locks in any position
- Video Optical System with 15x–120x zoom magnification range and a 12″ monitor allows for measurement and inspection of radii from 0.001″ to 0.375″ (0.025mm to 9.5mm). Moves with the worktable for easy setup and inspection
during or after grinding.
- The scale shown on the video monitor can be used to represent increments for various applications. The zoom optics provide magnification from 15x–120x. The magnification can be adjusted using a sample of known size, and
locked so that the scale will accurately show the desired increments. The 1″ on the scale represents: 1/32″ (74x), 1/16″ (37x), 1/8″ (18x), 1mm (58x), 0.5mm (116x), 0.50″ (46x), 0.020″ (115x), etc.
- Work table moves rapidly to and from the grinding position from under pneumatic control
- Controls are placed for ease of use; the work table infeed hand wheel can be fixed in position on the RH or LH side, depending on operator preference (RH mounting is shown)
- Pneumatic locking brake for workhead pivot
- Video Optical System with 15x – 120x zoom with B&W monitor
- Two halogen machine lamps
- 53-gallon flood coolant system with paper roll filter and two 5-micron
- cartridge filters
- 3-HP variable speed (500 – 4000 RPM) grinding spindle
- Variable grinding force (0 – 450 N)
- 2-axis digital readout for infeed (0.0005″/0.001mm increments) and angle (0.05 degree increments)
- Variable speed oscillation (0–50 strokes/min.)
- Grinding wheel adapter – Solid quick-clamping fixture and workpiece holders for 1/2″, 5/8″, 3/4″, 1″, and 1-1/4″ square shanks
- Hex key set: 0.9, 1.5, 2, 2.5,3, 4, 5, 6, 8, and 10mm
- Open-ended wrenches: (27mm x 32mm), (23mm x 26mm), and (8mm x 10mm)
- Set of seven leveling bolts and pads
- Central lubrication system
- Instruction and parts manual
- Machine setup and training by Rush Machinery personnel
- One-year warranty
- Brake truing device with offset bracket to mount in quick-clamping fixture. Allows truing of wheel without changing the tool setup (FC-500D only)
- Round tool grinding attachment with 0–60 RPM variable speed drive and 24-position dividing plate. Comes with twenty-three ER40 collets to hold from 3mm (1/8″) to 26mm (1″) shank size.
- Round tool grinding attachment with customer-specified spindle taper and fine adjustment of angle. Comes with 24-position index plate and removable tail center (FC-500D only).
- Universal quick-clamping fixture rotates 360 degrees and inclines -20 to +20 degrees in two planes to allow for conical relief,cylindrical relief, or a combination of both. (Standard quick-clamping fixture is solid; for conical relief only.) Includes 1/2″, 5/8″,3/4″, and 1″ square workpiece holders.