Rush Machinery has a complete repair and rebuild department to provide prompt service. We have rental work head and grinding spindle assemblies available if you cannot have downtime while your assembly is rebuilt. Replacement compound slide assemblies and new work heads are also available for fast shipment. Machines can be upgraded and/or have special options installed.
Rebuilding is performed on a time and material basis. Work done includes disassembly, parts inspection, cleaning, replacement of worn or damaged parts, reassembly, adjustment, lubrication, and testing (ready for operation). We do not do repainting or cosmetic repairs.
Please contact Rush Machinery Customer Service at 1-800-929-3070 to get an estimate for your specific model and requirements.
The upgrade of your existing machine will give it additional capabilities and make it more productive. The upgrade is often done during or in place of the rebuilding process, as this can be the most economical time to do the work. Rental work heads and grinding spindle assemblies are available if you cannot have downtime while having an assembly upgraded. The following are some of the upgrading services we offer.
- Semi-Automatic Upgrade: Conversion of your manual work head to semi-automatic operation with an air-powered system kit. This upgrade can also be done during the rebuilding process.
- Auto-Infeed Upgrade: Conversion of your manual or semi-automatic Model 250A, 252, 380, or 382 to an Auto-Infeed machine (information sheet available). The machine would need to be returned to us for installation. Contact us for a price on your specific machine. This upgrade can also be done during the rebuilding process.
- Tapered Spindle Upgrade: Conversion of the straight grinding spindle on your Model 250A, 252, 380, or 382S to a tapered-nose (3 inches per foot) spindle. This can be an alternative to rebuilding your straight grinding spindle. Includes new shaft, bearings, coupling, spindle nut, hub wrench, and hub puller.
- Conversion of Model 250A to Model 252: Capable of grinding 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 10 flute tools. This can be done by purchasing a new 252 work head. In addition, this can be done in conjunction with other upgrades (i.e. Semi-Automatic) and/or during the rebuilding process.
- Conversion of Model 380 to Model 382S: Capable of grinding 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 10 flute tools. This can be done by purchasing a new 382S work head. This upgrade can also be done during the rebuilding process.
- Special Options: Larger motors and couplers are available, as well as custom modifications, tooling, and grinding wheels. Please contact us for specific requirements.
Process for Ordering a Rebuild/Upgrade:
- Contact your dealer or Rush Machinery Customer Service to receive an estimate and schedule.
- Rush will ship out a rental assembly, if requested with the rebuild and/or upgrade order. The rental shipping box should be used to ship your assembly to us.
- You ship the equipment to us, as scheduled. We will acknowledge receipt of the equipment.
- Our shop will disassemble, inspect the parts, and then quote you the cost of the replacement parts. After approval, we will clean, replace worn or damaged parts, reassemble, adjust, lubricate, and test your equipment.
- We will package the equipment and ship it back to you.
- If a rental assembly was ordered, return it to us in its original shipping box.