Drill and Tool Grinders: Model 382S
– Taper Spindle
– Flood Coolant System
– Directional and Speed Control Valves
– Self-Centering 6-Jaw Chuck
– Enclosed Base Cabinet
The Model 382S offers a unique combination of versatility and capacity. It has a dual-cam workhead for grinding both odd (1, 3, 5 & 7) and even ll and Tool Grinder(2, 4, 6, 8 & 10) numbered flutes and the large capacity of the Model 380. The Model 380 workhead has only even-fluted capability.
The Model 382S is available in semi-automatic and automatic infeed versions.
Selected Optional Accessories
Semi-Automatic Version (Standard for Model 382S)
The power-driven workhead of the semi-automatic version offers a quiet, smooth rotation of the workhead. Manual effort is reduced for heavier grinding and spin grinding operations. Spark out is allowed to occur by using a minimum of manual infeed along with a reduction in workhead rotation speed. The speed is controlled by a conveniently located valve; the adjacent four-way valve
allows grinding in either direction. A hand knob on the workhead is used for
indexing and setup.
Automatic Infeed System
The semi-automatic versions can also be equipped with the automatic infeed system. This can increase productivity by allowing the operator to do other nearby tasks while the drill is being ground. The system allows manual or semi-automatic grinding of all tool grinding, and use of the automatic infeed for standard drill points, countersinks and reamers. The grinding rate is adjustable and the counter can be preset for 1-99 cycles. An electroplated CBN wheel (standard) is used with the automatic infeed and requires no dressing. Larger, three-phase motors are standard and an ammeter is provided to monitor the grinding load.
Overhead Wheel Dresser
Time saving option allows truing of the grinding wheel O.D. without changing the setup. (Not for use with diamond or CBN wheels).
– Sealed linear bearing with hardened guide shafts
– Downfeed with ball detent in .001″ increments
– High-quality diamond included for truing standard and ceramic wheels
– Hardened downfeed screw with wiper seal
Allows precision sharpening of endmills, reamers, shell mills and other cutters. The spindle is supported with a thin film of air providing nearly frictionless motion, resulting in a smooth, even grind. The fixture quickly mounts on the Model 132C, 250A, 252, 380 or 382S grinders, or is available with a universal base to fit most tool and cutter or surface grinders.
– Hard chrome plated and ground spindle with a 10″ stroke. Tools are hend in 5-C or 5-ST collets or extension bushings for up to 2″ (50 mm) shanks.
– Flute finger has dovetail crossfeed and micrometer vertical adjustment.
– Direct angle settings for up to 20 degrees for the O.D., 360 degrees for rotation, and +/- 30 degrees for tilt.
– Rocker arm tilts fixture away for easy movement from one flute top the next.
– Grinds the O.D. of any number of flutes and includes 12-position index plate (others available) for end grinding.
– Unique micrometer infeed built into fixture. Allows fine-feeding of the tool into the wheel. It is graduated in .001″ (.04 mm) of diameter.